Monday, October 13, 2008

IT'S A BOO-TIFUL DAY

WE'VE BEEN HAVING gorgeous autumn days in RI... in fact, it's been pretty above normal at this time of the year. I am enjoying it immensely and so does Joe. We spent our Sunday afternoon fishing (again) at Carbunkle Pond. The 30-minute scenic ride really took a lot out of him but he had a great time. Eventually, his body will let him know that it has enough but that's going to be between him and THE GUY UP THERE. For now, we'll take it one day at a time. And thank you, my dear friends, for all of your support and prayers.

I've been approved to be off from work till the end of the month. Being away from work has helped me tremendously to cope and to embrace this life-changing event that's been dealt to us. The first few weeks had been so hard for me as crying was the only thing I could do. I am doing fine each day. I thought it's time for a "SHOW & TELL" of my Halloween decorating...

My 4-Season Tree... I had this tree decorated with Christmas ornaments last year and I just never got the chance to put it away...


I found these Halloween blown glass ornaments at Pier1 Imports - just perfect for my vintage-inspired Halloween tree... aren't they so cute?




Copies of vintage Halloween postcards with glitter and crepe paper...






You can print your own vintage Halloween images from HERE...

13 comments:

Glennis said...

I am so glad that you and Joe had a wonderful time. Did he catch anything?

Your decorations look very festive. It's nice to make the place cheerful, even when you have a lot on your mind.

Nice autumny feel!

Mari said...

Seems you are ready for Halloween. I have to take out my black sheet and start doing something to get it ready for that day.

Sure glad to hear you and Joe had a wonderful time.

Have a wonderful day.

ALI said...

it has been beautiful hasn't it? how bad is it that i have two little kids in the house and have done nothing to celebrate fall or halloween? time to get on the ball i think!

Virginia said...

I’m glad that Joe is been able to have a little joy and that both of you are spending treasure times together and are enjoying gorgeous autumn days.
I know is most be so difficult for both of you; but remember that when suffering goes on and on and we grow weary and impatient, read the Psalms, one of my favorites is the 23rd Psalm it doesn't matter how many times I hear, read, recite the 23rd Psalm..... It is so beautiful and so comforting..
Hang in there,
Blessings, Virginia

PS. Your Halloween decoration are adorable.

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Your joy overflows and sweetens my every visit to your little corner of the world.

Prayers, praises, and joy float heavenward in your behalf.

Enjoy the moment . . . life is composed of moments strung together like a precious pearl necklace -- to be worn, enjoyed, displayed, appreciated.

Your photos always enchant me. : )

Alexandra MacVean said...

I'm glad that you and Joe are getting to spend some time together. He's really lucky to have a gal like you by his side!

**hugs**

Brenda Pruitt said...

I've been so busy the past few days, so I'm just getting around to reading the blogs. You have such a heart-lifting way of seeing life and dealing with things. I admire that about you. And I love your decorating; you know that. I bought a few Halloween items from Pier I. I'll have to go back, as I now must have a Halloween tree!
xoxo, Brenda

Nance said...

Hi Connie,
Thanks for keeping us updated on Joe's situation. Speaking as a group,(based on the comments) you and Joe are like a family, we are all holding you both in our thoughts and prayers and hoping that peace and comfort will come your way.

Your Halloween tree warms my heart in a lot of ways...
Enjoy the moment, my friend and hang in there!

P.S.
Glad to hear that Joe appreciated my son's guitar playing. Thanks.

Blessings,
nance

Judy said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying your time with Joe. Thank you so much for your sweet comments.

Your decorations are so cute. I wish I had a tree to decorate. I just one on another blog and it was so cute too. I'll have to get one for next year.

Unknown said...

Hi Connie, You are such a wonderful lady and I just wish I could give you a great big hug. So consider yourself hugged. I'm so happy you have this time off to spend with Joe and I will continue to keep you and Joe in my prayers daily.

I love your tree creation! It's so festive!

Blessings - Debbie

CIELO said...

Buenos dias por "Casa Maria"! :) How lovely, Connie... you live in an enchanted place where autumn certainly reigns. Some years ago my husband and I drove through Maine to NY around this time of the year, and I will never forget all the beautiful autumn color and majestic trees and scenery painted in colors…… just lovely.

Please say hi to Joe, and many blessings to both of you.

Hugs

cielo

Alexandra MacVean said...

Hi Connie...stopping by to say hello. I hope you had a nice weekend. *hugs*

Anne Fannie said...

Hello Connie, I haven't visited your blog for quite a while. I just love your Halloween decor.
Keep Smiling, Ann